• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Easy, fast and safe solution for excavator transportation - Sleipner.

TTSl

By the looks of the "squat" on the Truck rear end/tyres, the axle. suspension &/or tyre loadings are being pushed to or past their limits.....& possible shock loading on the truck body/mounts/suspension may prove ti have interesting "impacts" over time.

Before selling a Sleipner to a customer, we always make sure, that the customer has compatible vehicles for towing the excavator - Sleipner combination. In a usual situation 65 - 75 % of the excavator weight is on the Sleipner units, and the remaining 25-35 % on the truck.

A quick calculation for the combination posted by Nige:

Ex3600 - 360 tonnes
Cat 789C - Payload capacity 177 tonnes
Material on truck: approximately 20 % of payload = 35 tonnes
Weight on Sleipner: 360 x 0,65 = 234 tonnes
Weight on Truck: 360 x 0,35 + 35 = 161 tonnes

There should be no problem to use this combination even in a longer period of time.

gravelwasher

Occupation
mineral mining
Is there an importer for these in the USA and any contact info?

I could use smaller a set of them. I could also see a run-a-way going down a hill.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
oh, alot of the 200 thru 300 size machines have quick couplers on the buckets, so you make a 5th wheel pin as an attachement in place of the bucket, now you have a secure connection between hoe and tractor. One could even have a set of air brakes on the axles of the sleipner that would connect to the glad hands on the truck making brakes a possibility for when your on an improved surface.

What I was really thinking as a whole new way to transport a large excavator down the highway... but the damn dot would have a field day.

But even if they were not legal of on road use there are alot of jobs when your building developments to building logging roads that a quick means of moving the excavator would be handy, especially if it didnt involve a trailer. Think extra heavy duty tow dolly, pintle hitch, so you can pull with your tandem or triaxle...

TTSl

Is there an importer for these in the USA and any contact info?

I could use smaller a set of them. I could also see a run-a-way going down a hill.

Unfortunately even Nige can be wrong about something. ;) We have recently developed a dealership with a company called HSM Tire. The right person to be in contact with is Kuba Szczypiorski.
Email: [email protected]

gravelwasher

Occupation
mineral mining
Unfortunately even Nige can be wrong about something. ;) We have recently developed a dealership with a company called HSM Tire. The right person to be in contact with is Kuba Szczypiorski.
Email: [email protected]

Thank you.
I'll email him and see if they will work for us.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
My late neighbor had a set up like that he made for moving an old Cat track loader back inthe day THey had a hole burned in the bottome of the bucket and a 5th wheel king pin with a threaded back side to thread in the bucket. They took an old tank retriever trailer axle and mad pockets for the scarifiers to fit into. He would back up to the axle and put the scarifiers in the pockets and pin them in and put te King pin i nthe bucket. He had an old 6x6 army truck with a 5th weel and an old single axle tractor. They moved it many miles that way. He did tell me one time they had either a boom line or ripper line blow and it hit the ground. I wouldnt worry about a runaway if an operator was in the cab just raise the boom and let the traks hit the ground.