• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cribbing:

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
As with many things, there's dangers to the unwary and untrained, so you simply ensure you don't leave traps for those who may enter into areas where they're not supposed to go.

Pit covers and a fence-style barrier are the simplest ways of ensuring pits are safe, but these must be in place if the pit is left unattended.

The other method is an exclusion zone, such as a signposted no-entry area. You cover yourself against most lawsuits with that approach, but young children who don't read signs are the biggest problem, so this is where the covers and a physical barrier come in. Not everyone keeps control over their small children, every minute of the day.

JD955SC

You don't think those lifting things simply get wedged as a pair each side at the rear, and then the grouser lifts tractor up going in reverse? Then push blade down to lift front?

Weird looking things though.
Thats how they get used

I’ve used them once a decade ago at school. My shop had a pair of heavy fabricated ramps that we used instead. I don’t like the rockers.

Welder Dave

Need some more info before a winner can be decided.

Are the holes used when using them? How do you lift the front of a pipelayer up or are they made to only lift one end of the machine or the other?

crane operator

I believe I inquired about it, and promptly all the safety Nazis jumped all over. I still wish we had one, open pit be damned.
Best shop I was ever in (that made me go ohhhh!). Had a poured concrete wall and floor, for drivers side tires, and a bridge beam laid on its side for the passenger side. It was a "walk out" on the bridge beam side underneath. It was long enough for a semi and trailer to pull on.

If I can ever swing it, this is what I'm doing. which means I'm probably never doing it....

1703508017582.jpeg1703508038506.jpeg1703508059008.jpeg1703508084749.jpeg

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
That is a nice setup. Would be great for high volume routine service work for sure.