• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 216 Parts on Line

ammocat

Were can I find affordable parts on line for my tractor? I am currently looking for the following parts: 142-9314--142-8962--142-8963 Please let me know if you have any leads. Thank you

heymccall

142-9313 Glass $36.55
142-8962 Seal Kit $118.56
142-8963 Seal Kit $153.58
Define affordable?
Googling those numbers brings me right back to here.

I can find no discount source.

ammocat

I see that most prices are generally the same. I wanted to know if there was a website were the users of this forum purchased their parts but I see that most prices are the same.

durallymax

For specific parts there are not a lot of aftermarket sources when it comes to SSL's. I haven't found Cat to really be that far out of line compared to what I expected out of them. Many of the other OEM's we deal with think everything is worth gold. I like our Volvo loader, but man I swear they have a leprechaun hiding gold in every part I get from them.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
You hear constant complaints from equipment owners/operators about OEM parts prices from all manufacturers but IMHO it's often a case of you get what you pay for when comparing OEM to "aftermarket will fit". Like any rule of course there will be exceptions ..........

142-9314 Glass $33.53
142-8962 Seal Kit $111.85
142-8963 Seal Kit $144.89

I need to point out that as a major user we get slightly better prices than most.

durallymax

You hear constant complaints from equipment owners/operators about OEM parts prices from all manufacturers but IMHO it's often a case of you get what you pay for when comparing OEM to "aftermarket will fit". Like any rule of course there will be exceptions ..........

There are plenty of people who just like to complain. There are plenty who simply don't understand what goes into the pricing as well. The amount of middlemen drives a lot of the prices up as does the demand for the part.

However some prices are just ridiculous sometimes. $7,200 for just the engine coolant radiator on our Volvo L60E engine. This is a radiator to cool a 140hp engine. That price does not include anything else. I can only assume they want you to have it repaired at a radiator shop or figure that if you damaged it beyond repair you will probably have an insurance claim out for the $5,000 around the radiator.