• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 311B sproket/final drive removal

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
That "transport dolly" is a Sleipner E400 transport system, ours cost us $1m give or take ........ but then again when a set of undercarriage for that Hitachi, and we have 2 of them, is probably about the same price and the fact the Sleipner will last the 25-year life of the mine it makes it a cheap buy when you consider what it saves in wear & tear. Available in about 10 different size ranges covering excavators from 30 tonnes to 500 tonnes.

see more here. http://www.sleipner.fi/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPOtgjOxM_o

Per Eriksson

It's one of these solutions to a problem that's so easy it that makes you wonder why you didn't think of it first..

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The problem is that relatively speaking it's quite an expensive solution, although it saves you money by the truckload on undercarriage and time moving machinery in the long-term. It really needs a job site where there are multiple excavators and large distances from one end of the job site to the other to give major payback.

RobMonk

Today I was finally getting around to rebuilding the final drive and it was a great success that was a near disaster. I had the step by step for the SISweb and I came to the place after the duo-cone seals were on to place the housing on the motor and the step said "install (or place?) housing" and it had a picture of a rigging system place it on. It wasn't that easy for me and I ended up using a 12t hydraulic press to get it on fully and that almost didn't get it.

I am rebuilding a part that had considerable damage on the inside, so that may have caused this near disaster, but I am curious if someone else had a similar problem while rebuilding a final drive/is that normal?