• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 255 & 265 engine manufacturer?

Cpaine

Does anyone know what engine is used in the new CAT CTL’s?

C series was Mitsubishi
D series is Kubota
What’s in the new rigs?

MNGopher

2.8L Cat Engine. Both models are turbo and the 265 is aftercooled. Cat is no longer running Kubota in any of their compact equipment.

Cpaine

2.8L Cat Engine. Both models are turbo and the 265 is aftercooled. Cat is no longer running Kubota in any of their compact equipment.
99% sure my 22 306 CR is powered by a V2403 Kubota per the stamp on the block.

Must be just the newest models, are they now a cat/perkins powerplant ?

Thanks for the reply!

MNGopher

99% sure my 22 306 CR is powered by a V2403 Kubota per the stamp on the block.

Must be just the newest models, are they now a cat/perkins powerplant ?

Thanks for the reply!
It very likely is. I'm not sure on the timing of the switchover by product families. I know they planned on eliminating the Kubota engines in all sizes up to the 3.8L currently running in the 299s. The Kubota engines in the CTLs will phase out as the newer next generation CTLs are launched. I know the Compact Wheel Loaders have changed already along with all the under 3T minis.

You are correct...I was told they will be Cat/Perkins.