• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case loader cylinder removal

Tylerharris

Can someone tell me how to get this cylinder out? As you can see there’s a tapered pin and it goes through the frame so that the top sits flush with the frame. Then the cylinder is underneath the frame with a nut on the bottom. There’s no way to hold the pin from spinning?

Early 70s case loader

Attachments

• C7ADE1CE-685E-4B3B-8647-32505C8E956E.png
    C7ADE1CE-685E-4B3B-8647-32505C8E956E.png
    205.5 KB · Views: 14

Welder Dave

Do you have an impact wrench, it might be fast enough to spin the nut off. I wonder if hitting the pin down the same time you turn the wrench might hold the pin. If none of this works a couple other idea's that might work. Center punch the edges of the pin in 2 or more places so it grips the edge of the bore it goes in, could you grind a slot in the pin for a big screw driver? If none of that works weld a bar or even a nut on the pin to hold it. You would probably want to replace the pin if you have to modify it to remove the nut.

BillG

Had one once that was used in fertilizer. I didn't want to ruin the pin so I welded a piece of scrap to the head end. That way when it tried to turn it just wedged up and locked.

Pantano

Maybe drill and bottom tap a hole (1/4”) between the pin and the bore body put in a set screw.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
If its a tapered pin it should be wedged into the frame like a tie rod or ball joint. Shouldn't need to worry about holding it.

If for some reason its loose in the bore and nut is seized I'd just weld a handle to the top side to hold it and zip the nut off.