• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case cx 36 or bobcat 435 or yanmar vio35

ctkiteboarding

its down to these mini's, im going to demo the bobcat thursday thru monday then the case,,,,
the yanmar dealer won't give me the machine to demo unless i rent it , which im not going to do so i think they might not be selling me a machine:beatsme ,,,,
im told yanmar is a nice little machine,,,

the bobcat's dealer has gotten lazy support wise and that turns me off abit:(

the case is a kobelco and i dont know much about it except is expensive, but the dealer is really good to me most my machines are from them,,,

i think i will call the kubota guy today to see if they will send out a similar mini to try , they are in my town but also not the best service

i didnt want to buy a new mini but i can seem to find anything decent used most of them are beat and P.O.S. what do you guys think about these minis or for that matter any mini in this size :usa thanks in advance off to work R

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I can tell you Kubota's parts network sucks, you will wait a week or more for parts other than filters. I've got a Kubota mower and had I known this I'd have never bought the thing.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
This may help...I wanted the 35 but it was going over weight for my truck...definetly no regrets....its got 512 hours on it today. Its just does what its supposed to with no fuss...I have pulled some enormous stumps that a machine that small has no right to look at.

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1724

The Hitachi's are made in the same factory/facility and have Yanmar engines.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have come to like the CX36B machine. I have rented them on occasion and most recently last week. I like the feel of the controls in that machine better than my TK. Decent digging breakout but not industry leading. Cab layout is very good and I like the boom articulation switch on the controls. Takes a few to get used to it but it works slick. It also has good power to the tracks. When the first CASE minis were released, I demoed one and was not impressed. The B series IMHO is a much better machine. I have not spent a lot of time in a newer Bobcat and have never run a Yanmar to compare. The CASE/Kobelco machine will impress at least it has me. I would have bought one except their 10K machine does not spec as well as others do in that weight class.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
If Kubota parts for excavators are anything like tractor parts, good luck. We have a large Kubota dealer here and that doesn't seem to help with the time it takes to get parts. Like Steve mentioned, if you need anything other than filters you'll be waiting for them. Kubota parts are usually a little higher priced than others, not by a huge margin but they are more expensive. We have 2 Kubota tractors that rarely need anything other than routine maintenance, but we wait at least a week for parts if they need to be ordered.

jazak

Out of those three I would go CASE, have you looked at CAT??

ctkiteboarding

no i have not looked at the cats yet, the kubota dealer won't demo the machine i have to rent it ,,,, so on to the next one ,the case dealer will send me a demo and im waiting to hear back from bobcat to see if they want my hard earned cash ,,, the yanmar is the least xpensive,, they have a used one for 27k w 400 hrs

fhdesign

Is that the case dealer in Orange? If so they also sell Terex which might be worth taking a look at. Takeuchi dealer in Shelton is also very good.

tripod58

My partner and I are looking into the same size mini x and so far we are leaning towards the Bobcat 435, we demoed it with a 36'' bucket and it did great. Also the price is in our range but we are still looking.

ctkiteboarding

demoed the cx36b this weekend ,, I ran it for 10 or so hrs,,,, its a nice machine , cab w ac makes it comfy , i did think it was abit twitchy compared to my larger machine,, 42k loaded ,, WTF ,, the bobcat guy has not returned my inquire with a demo machine, he wants me to rent it from them, i told him no demo no sale,, and ive called twice , no third call,,,, yanmar is next,,

mtb345

Occupation
heavey equipment operator
i rented a pc 40 with a grapple this weekend . no power in the grapple when i had to grab stones and stumps but other that great machine i use to think volvo was no.1 in my opinion but this machine has me thinking different :confused:

ctkiteboarding

took the 430 for an hr or so id give the cx36 and better review the fast track is nice althou realy abit to fast ,,,, ill run it in the am for abit more then bac to the dealer ,,, the yanmar is next

fhdesign

The other thing the Case has going for it, is you already have Case equipment so it'll keep everything looking the same... a nice professional look.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
That was actually a big pull on me. A CASE mini would look nice on the trailer along side the CASE skid steers. I just was not impressed with the specs of the 50 compared to the TK 153FR. As a result it is Power Tan and TK red, I wont win a fashion contest, but the TK more than pays its way.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF Ohio Takeuchi! :drinkup

Coastal

I just demo'd a Komatsu 35, holy crap it was a nice machine, it has a HUGE cab, same size as their 200's. It was probably the smoothest mini ive operated. Give them a look.

ctkiteboarding

the yanmar dealer just cant seem to free up a machine for me to demo,, he wants me to buy it without a spin,,,, he told me to pick the vio up at 5pm today and i had to have it back by 1 tommorow?? :pointhead WTF,,

i called the local komatsu dealer , they are going to get back to me,,,

the case is looking like the deal esp. w/ the dealer support and ease of a demo for 3 days no charge,,, f +w is a solid dealer i just was not strongly impressed with the cx ,

that being said before this i've never really spent much seat time in a mini:beatsme