• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A little clearing project

bigblueox

1-3 nice time elapsed montage of good felling technique ( considered felling?)
we're picking up steam now!
4:dragging the stumps out for me to clean
5: yet more of the patented 101 step approach to knocing down a tree...
step 1: knock tree into signifigant number of other standing trees
step 2: push tree so it's wedged nice a tight between appropiate sized forked trunk tree ( if no forked trunk tree is available use smaller trees that are much closer together)
step 3: reverse and get running start
step 4: stare blankly at employee wondering why his 10,000lb machine can't move what your 40,000 lb machine couldn't move.
step 5: repeate steps 1-4 as necessary until you have cleared all remaining trees or run out of diesel, whichever comes first.

Attachments

• P1010708.jpg
    P1010708.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 520
  • P1010709.jpg
    P1010709.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 551
  • P1010710.jpg
    P1010710.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 543
  • P1010711.jpg
    P1010711.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 513
  • P1010712.jpg
    P1010712.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 509

bigblueox

1: change attack stratagey.....
2: to a more frontal attack , enough of this silly lateral foolishness
(notice the 4-1 bucket deflection testing)
3: ah-hah the flank attack
4: grubbing stumps
5: the old poclain taking a rest for the evening.

Attachments

• P1010717.jpg
    P1010717.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 536
  • P1010715.jpg
    P1010715.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 533
  • P1010714.jpg
    P1010714.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 530
  • P1010718.jpg
    P1010718.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 538
  • P1010720.jpg
    P1010720.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 527

bigblueox

finally
1: some stumps and the 631 (note large stump of forked trunk tree mentioned earlier)
2: parting shot of the 160.

Attachments

• P1010722.jpg
    P1010722.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 502
  • P1010724.jpg
    P1010724.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 542

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Awesome pics! Looks like your really desperate for some rabbits! Around here the hawk and coyote pressure is so bad, seeing a rabbit or pheasent is not too common.

bigblueox

yeah we've been working on the coyotes and fox pretty hard. the old rem 700 vls knockin on their door. thanks though. think we're going to put some drain tile in the last spot. it gets kinda wet!

Deas Plant

Wadda Loada Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Bigblueox.
Those photos of the Leibherr knocking down those trees all have to be 'photoshopped'. We were emphatically informed some time ago, by no less an authority than Dozer575 Esquire, that loaders can't push trees over 'cos their push point/angle of push is too high and the bucket will just slide up the trunk.

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=4038&highlight=Tree+clearing

See pages 2, 3, 4 in particular.

Now do you want to re-think your story? LOL.

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Hi, Bigblueox.
Those photos of the Leibherr knocking down those trees all have to be 'photoshopped'. We were emphatically informed some time ago, by no less an authority than Dozer575 Esquire, that loaders can't push trees over 'cos their push point/angle of push is too high and the bucket will just slide up the trunk.

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=4038&highlight=Tree+clearing

Mmm, I don't think so. A contractor down here used his two Bell L2306C payloaders to knock down the wood in the fire damaged plantations after last years huge fires. Apart from the machines really being tricked out, there is no reason why a machine other than a dozer can't do it as well as a dozer.

humboldt deere

Occupation
general building and engineering contractor
Mmm, I don't think so. A contractor down here used his two Bell L2306C payloaders to knock down the wood in the fire damaged plantations after last years huge fires. Apart from the machines really being tricked out, there is no reason why a machine other than a dozer can't do it as well as a dozer.
Bellboy I think you may have missed the joke Deas was telling, but I'm glad you can see that specialized equipment such as a trackloader can perform a multitude of tasks contrary to what some people would lead you to believe:thumbsup

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver

:pointhead:lmao:lmao:lmao

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Hi, Bigblueox.

WOW Deas you really hate that dozer 575 guy dont ya! Im pretty sure found some of his insane posts on youtube as well under a different name. Good joke though:drinkup

Deas Plant

Hate??????????????????????????????????????

Hi, Deere9670.
I don't HATE the guy. In fact, I think he may have some quite good qualities hidden away somewhere if he'd just let them out. Most of us do, even most of the 'worst' of us.

How-wevver, I'm not going to stand by and let him peddle his garbage here or anywhere else that I see it and I'm also not going to let him forget that so many of his posts are ridiculous and utter garbage. The man is dangerous in his present form as he may lead some poor inexperienced sucker to think that what he says is absolutely right and thus cause problems, maybe even injury or death. If I can do anything to prevent that, I will.

bigblueox

Hi, Bigblueox.

you caught me!:cool2 actually they are R/C machines in my basement! every one knows you can't push over trees with a loader:laugh get em good and don't let them forget it!:woohoo

nextdoor

Occupation
Farming and playing in the dirt
Just been reading this thread, crikey Deas you have a memory an elephant would be envious of. And Dozer575 I would quit while you are ahead-behind....Whatever, cos you are never going to get away with, well anything.

special tool

Hi, Bigblueox.

That's a good one.
If anything, my little 450 loader can push over BIGGER trees than my D6 because of increased mechanical advantage.
The bucket goes up a lot higher than the blade on the D6 - that'd be leverage.

Country

Occupation
Retired High Voltage Overhead Lineman
Funny bigblueox,
I drive right by that farm everyday on RT3. It was months ago I was watching the progress of the job in post #20. Yal still got the equipment out there in that field. I looked over there this morning.

This thread is a little old, but I was reading it, looking at your pictures and thought I'd seen that hoe before... Then I got to the pics in post #20 and said, "dam that looks familiar". I saw you we're in Va and it hit me... Too funny man. I've been looking at different pics from all over the world on this site and then all of a sudden there's one from my own back yard... It's a small world.:drinkup

I live out 20 in Unionville.

bigblueox

yeah we're plugging away when weather premits. I've gone back to achool fulltime and between working out there and @ the animal hospital i stay pretty busy. we just got a new asv rc-100 with loftness mulching head, hopefully it'll dry out enogh so we can try it out. you know where rt-20 and rt-3 meet? that my family's farm on the left(going west) and a little frontage on the right.