• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1974 Poclain/Case 240

RobbyT69

Occupation
equipment op. owner
Hello there,, Just thought I would ask around and see if anyone might happen to know where I may find a service manual for a 1974 Poclin/Case 240 excavator by chance for free or very little as I have been off work due to illness and am tring to resurect myself and get back to work.. So I purcased a few pieces of equipment,, one being this older excavator.. I have to say it runds and digs very well ,, it has a Deutz engine that seems to run like a top.. But I would like to get a manual so that if anything goes wrong ,, well I can maybe deal with it myself.. Any help would be appreciated.. Thank you in advance...

RobbyT

RobbyT69

Occupation
equipment op. owner
well something went wrong,lol deutz bf6l913 any help would be appreciated thank you in advance,, it was running good then just started running bad for about 2 mins then just said fu*k it and died ,, ether did not work, new fuel filter did not work either,, don't know what to do any help would be awesome thank you again in adfvance

old timer

Occupation
field mechanic
Sorry to hear about that.
I would start by using the primer pump on the side of the injection pump and prime the system(pump will get harder to push)then try loosening the injector lines at the heads,rolling it over and seeing if you have fuel delivery. Those engines can be difficult to bleed. Back in the mid 70's I took a bunch of training courses on the Poclains, I might have some spec books for you.
Hope this helps.

RobbyT69

Occupation
equipment op. owner
Thank you old timer,, I did get it going again without to much difficulty,, how ever,, any extra books you may have I would be greatly thankful for,, do please let me know.. Thank you RobbyT