• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

?

skyking1

Another Ford checking in.
PXL-20210528-222349975.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
If we are bringing up dump trucks, then let me pull this one out...View attachment 290655
Spud I didn't know you had a General. That truck looks great for it's age.

One of the old timers I grew up with ran single axle Brigadiers and had one tandem General. IIRC they were Detroit powered?

He was a sharp business man and basically pioneered the "Bobcat" business here in the '80's. His family ran a dairy farm and had one of the old no ROPS Bobcat's to clean the barns with. After the lime quarry next door set off a charge to hot and several 3-4 ton overburden rocks landed in the barn, the quarry bought the family out at a hefty price of course..

So he had triple axle deck over trailers with 843's, a backhoe attachment, forks and two buckets one smooth the other toothed. Pulled that behind the single axles. He also was one of the first around with a hammer for rent by the hour. At one time he had 3 of those rigs running all over town doing residential and commercial projects.

Last edited:

Truck Shop

Last two days I saw a poor bast--d driving a 71 Freightliner cabover truck/trailer hauling to
the elevator. Detroit 318 and a extremely worn out 9513 speed, you could hear it sing 1/8
mile after he left the elevator. No power steering, No A/C, no jakes, gutless, it was 101* at
the elevator, the sweat just running off him.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Spud I didn't know you had a General. That truck looks great for it's age.

One of the old timers I grew up with ran single axle Brigadiers and had one tandem General. IIRC they were Detroit powered?

He was a sharp business man and basically pioneered the "Bobcat" business here in the '80's. His family ran a dairy farm and had one of the old no ROPS Bobcat's to clean the barns with. After the lime quarry next door set off a charge to hot and several 3-4 ton overburden rocks landed in the barn, the quarry bought the family out at a hefty price of course..

So he had triple axle deck over trailers with 843's, a backhoe attachment, forks and two buckets one smooth the other toothed. Pulled that behind the single axles. He also was one of the first around with a hammer for rent by the hour. At one time he had 3 of those rigs running all over town doing residential and commercial projects.
Yeah it's what brought in the rock for 900' of driveway here, 45 tons of rock base for pole barn, gets rid of trash to landfill twice a year and in use hauling off with scraps from a garage and house I tore down. Has a Cummins 400 BCIII underneath the hood of this one.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
I've been places that thing can't pull me out of. Bring a cat
You don't want to challenge my will and experience of getting one out or myself out. Out here there is no one waiting with a Cat to get you out and the ground is far from flat meaning sometimes only way out is up a incline or sideways on one cause going downwards means loosing the rig.