• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What are sprocket pullers worth?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I looks like a home made H frame press where someone adapted a sprocket puller ran to. I don't know about the markets down under but have found a new Dake 100 ton electro hydraulic press with an asking price of $16,239.39 on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/b/Dake-Hydraulic-Presses/bn_7024768097

The bid price in US dollars is about $1623.43 which is funny because that is 10% of the eBay price. That is about what I've seen any used tooling go for in the auction markets. It's very seldom that they make more than 20% of new items.

Last edited:

Old Doug

I was at a auction and had to leave for a half hour when i got back my buddy told me i was going to be mad a 100 ton press sold for $ 150.00. Every thing went high but the press didnt bring scrap price. I ask another buddy why he didnt buy it he said he had left also but $350.00 was what he payed the new owner for it.

.RC.

I looks like a home made H frame press where someone adapted a sprocket puller ran to. I don't know about the markets down under but have found a new Dake 100 ton electro hydraulic press with an asking price of $16,239.39 on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/b/Dake-Hydraulic-Presses/bn_7024768097

I was referring to removing the puller and using it for it's intended purpose. The way it is set up as a press looks quite dangerous to me.

What is the sprocket/clutch hub pulling gear worth? Given Cat has not really made machines that need it for about 35 years (disregarding the D6D and D7G which they made into the noughties). Komatsu about the same time period.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The photos don't show how the ram is attached to the press. If someone welded on the ram, the whole thing is likely worth what it weighs.

Old Doug

I was referring to removing the puller and using it for it's intended purpose. The way it is set up as a press looks quite dangerous to me.

What is the sprocket/clutch hub pulling gear worth? Given Cat has not really made machines that need it for about 35 years (disregarding the D6D and D7G which they made into the noughties). Komatsu about the same time period.
If you are the kind of guy that likes to spend countless hours rebuilding and building or finding missing parts its worth $ 500.00 to a grand.

.RC.

The photos don't show how the ram is attached to the press. If someone welded on the ram, the whole thing is likely worth what it weighs.

I suspect it would be. At 10 000psi not the sort of thing you want to risk letting go. I imagine the tube and end on those high PSI rams are all forged from a single piece.