• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skytrak Telehandler slips out of gear

Andy Ranfeld

I have a 2012 skytrak 8042. I'm having issues with my machine randomly disengaging from gear. Say I start up the machine to move. I'll put it in reverse, and maybe after a few feet it will disengage. I can usually count to 7, then it re-engages. Sometimes it will do it two or three times in a row. When it's warmed up and driving at a higher rpm it's just fine. It's always at the worst moments. Like if I've got a big beam in a strap and I'm trying to inch forward to get it in position. Randomly it disengages from gear and the machine jolts, swinging the beam around.

JLGRI

yikes that is not s fun issue to have when carrying a beam. I have heard that these ecan pop out when turning to one way or another, does yours do this at all?

Andy Ranfeld

Nope, not when turning. Only at a low rpm if the machine hasn't been running for a minute or so. When it does to it, like I said, I can count to about 6 or 7 and then it re-engages and is fine.

JLGRI

That is a strange issue. I will try and ask a few friends about this one for you because I cant think of what would cause that.