• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S70 bobcat hard to start then stalls

jet2387

Hi brainstrust,

Im after some help with my s70 bobcat. It is hard to start cranks over n over then finally starts but stalls after a cpl of seconds to a minute. Problem started after the hydraulics just died and bucket got stuck in the air, on e hydraulics kicked back in the stalling started. Any ideas.

crewchief888

on the s70 there should be an aluminum valve w/ a solenoid right above the battery. that solenoid locks one side of the aux from flowing oil unless its activated and open.
the ones ive seen that dont work (open) the aux will not work, but the machine starts and runs fine.
maybe yours is stuck open, and is deadheading the aux putting a load on the engine.
id make sure your fuel system is in good condition, suction tube in the tank isnt plugged, primer buln isnt collapsing no kinked fuel lines.

jet2387

Ill have a look at that. I think part of the issue is the exhaust is clogged as i removed the exhaust and it now runs, starting takes time still but it doesnt stall straight away. Its just loud now haha

crewchief888

that model of kubota engine really need to be preheated before starting.
some people dont know it does need preheating, some will still continue cranking on it until it does start.