• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Needing advice for re-sealing D6D Tilt Cylinder...

some1had2doit

Hey folks. Once again, thanks for the wealth of info here! Such a blessing. I am rebuilding this tilt cylinder and am confused on what seals to get. I was told that the blade was not original to the machine, so I cannot go off of dozer serial number. The only complete number I can find on the cylinder is on the housing the holds the wipe seals in place. The number appears to be a faint "A" followed by 8J334. The rod OD is 3" and the seal housing ID is 3.75". The seals appear to be a chevron stack with no numbers on them. I have never rebuilt one of these, so I am uncertain where to get just the wipe seals/chevron stack, and what part numbers I am looking for. Any help is appreciated!

Yeah, I know the rod has some galling on it... :oops:

LvNSTSUP.jpg

66ASML_q.jpg

b6EJiDN4.jpg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The "8" is actually a "6" so the Part Number is today's nomenclature is 6J-0334.

Attached is a parts drawing of a cylinder containing a 6J-0334 Head. I can't guarantee the rest of the parts will be the same as your cylinder but certainly the head (#19) and the chevron seals/packing (#13-15) will be.

Attachments

• 9J-8748.pdf
    134.3 KB · Views: 8