• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC200-8 lost all functions

shad_379

Hello all. My pc200-8 went down. The operator was loading a truck when a line blew. He shut it down, replaced the hose, topped off the fluid and got back to work. A few trucks later the machine started getting "jerky" as it moved. It then lost all hydraulic functions.
The engine seems fine, and doesn't have any codes showing.
So far, I've checked the safety switch in the arm rest, fuses, and replaced the solenoids on the pump. I also removed the ppc solenoid under the machine, turned the key on, flipped the safety and the solenoid did pop out.
While looking at the monitoring functions of the machine it shows front pump at 41 kg/cm and rear pump with 33 kg/cm at idle. It also shows all ppc functions at 0 kg/cm.
If someone has any insight or suggestions, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
For starters, I'm pretty sure you need 35 kg off the pressure reducing valve to your solenoid manifold. Either way 33 should still actuate functions. Check safety solenoid as mentioned, but...
Remove the solenoid from the manifold. Beneath the solenoid is a tiny little plunger. Make sure that is free. Pull it out with a pocket magnet. Check for debris that may have 'jammed it up. Put her together and see if there's a change. You'll know the safety, it's kinda isolated out on the end by itself.

shad_379

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. As soon as it quits raining here, I'll pull the solenoid and check the plunger.