• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 329D Flat face o ring hydraulic fittings

77Ford

I've had a couple of the flat face o ring hydraulic fittings fail on my skid steer. The first time it was something easy to get to under the cab. This time is was one of the hoses connecting the 2 speed gear box behind the sprocket. I had to pull the track and fight like crazy to replace this one. How do these fail, assuming the fitting is tight there is no movement between the two pieces. It just baffles me, mainly I'm venting because this last one was a huge PITA to repair. I can't imagine taking that to a shop, 600-800 bucks in labor for a dollar O ring?

77Ford

It wasn't cut I only found a small imperfection on it. Eroded may be a good term for it. Those lines are clamped wicked tight if the clamps are holding it out of alignment they're going to be that way forever. Maybe I will get another 3000k hours before it fails again. I guess mainly I was venting but curious how they fail, just don't seem like they should once they are tightened up good.