• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 35G vs 35P

MG84

I was curious about this as well, was looking at the specs and they are calling it the “35 P-tier”. What is that all about, did they skip all the other letters and go straight to P? Is that series wide or only on the 35? Seems strange as P is often one of the letters mfg’s skip...

MG84

Read here. While this article is about the wheel loaders, it is a change Deere is implementing across the board.
Ah just like they did with their tractors 10–15yrs ago, there are so many models now its ridiculous. When they moved from the 55 series nomenclature to the 5000/6000/7000 etc tractors in ‘93 I think that was a good move, seemed logical. Now they’ve incorporated the trim level and engine horsepower in the model number. I guess that is logical too, but there are just so many now. My biggest issue with all that is how everyone has gone to using engine hp as the measurement instead of PTO hp. It’s all marketing, just makes the numbers look bigger.

Vetech63

Ah just like they did with their tractors 10–15yrs ago, there are so many models now its ridiculous. When they moved from the 55 series nomenclature to the 5000/6000/7000 etc tractors in ‘93 I think that was a good move, seemed logical. Now they’ve incorporated the trim level and engine horsepower in the model number. I guess that is logical too, but there are just so many now. My biggest issue with all that is how everyone has gone to using engine hp as the measurement instead of PTO hp. It’s all marketing, just makes the numbers look bigger.
It all goes back to the old saying "If you cant dazzle them with brilliance.....baffle them with bul*sh*&."

SO...If they are not impressing you with the new system, they are baffling you with it............both in hopes of you digging deeper into your wallet either way. LOL

Last edited: