• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help Inspecting Undercarriage - 977H

bulletpruf

New undercarriage shouldn't be a problem but the cost would be. I'd guess well North of $10K for a 977 and maybe as much as $20K if everything is needed and it kind of looks like that. Maybe could find some decent used tracks. In the mean time you could run it as is. Just be prepared for the tracks to come off.

That's kind of what I figured - something north of $10k. Thanks

Deere500a

Were popular machines check machinery trader find a dismantle parts tractor. Track pads can be rebuilt with grouser bar & a good welder. Watch video started nice & crawled on and off lowboy with no problem sure looks like a good ol' 977 not destroyed doing demo work

bulletpruf

Were popular machines check machinery trader find a dismantle parts tractor. Track pads can be rebuilt with grouser bar & a good welder. Watch video started nice & crawled on and off lowboy with no problem sure looks like a good ol' 977 not destroyed doing demo work

Thanks for that input. I really appreciate it.

skyking1

I see that thing as sort of a glorified yard machine. get it moving and turning, then use it to pick up a heavy thing now and again and it is worth the $1800 move. If kept on flat ground and not in a hard push, the tracks will probably hold up. It is one sidehill away from a very bad day so I would use it how it is on flat ground.
Spud has one that he rigged up a boom on. Stuff like that.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Um, what is spragging?
Jon.
A full-on turn by locking one track on the brake and powering the other. AFAIK used since Year Dot when referring to steering a crawler crane.
Fortunately, bearing in mind the condition of the undercarriage on this particular 977H, the powertrain is not capable of counter-rotating the tracks. That would be a recipe for disaster.

Last edited: