• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion 150 Refurbish

davo727

Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
How did your tire project work out? I have 2 flat rear to tackle. Just bought a 50 ton bottle jack, my 20 wasnt doing much good on the left rear. Storms and floods interfering again also.

Occupation
Woodworker
How did your tire project work out? I have 2 flat rear to tackle. Just bought a 50 ton bottle jack, my 20 wasnt doing much good on the left rear. Storms and floods interfering again also.
I used a 30 ton and lots of cribbing, but same, rain came thru and it settled a bit. Hit the lugs with a little heat and PB and my makita impact slowly worked them free. Rim was a little rust bonded but knocked it off. After watching the tire guys put on an inner tube and take the wheel apart I probably could have done it myself but it was nice to basically watch the tricks. Not cheep tho.

Ordered shifter cable parts from McMaster should have that back together soon. So strange tried calling contractors crane all day and it kept dropping, wonder if they are just closed Friday.