• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat299D Right Joystick Problem

Jeffrey Bandel

2013 CAT0299DLGTC00836
I have a 2475-3 code. The bucket tilts up and down but won't raise or lower. If you try to pull back on the right joystick it makes a clunk sound and then won't do anything. If you shut the machine off and turn back on you can tilt it up and down but as soon as you pull back you lose everything.

I went through all the diagnostic steps in the CAT manual and all passed but the duty cycle test. With the key one I get around 500hz in the neutral position and 500 in the tilt up and tilt down position. In the forward lower position, I get 500hz. When I pull back to raise the bucket I get 0hz in any position.

The manual says the sensor failed and I need a new joystick. Before I drop another $1,700 for a joystick, I wonder if anyone has repaired one? Any other suggestions?

ahart

Going off of your serial number your machine has the old part number joystick in it. There was a new one effective GTC02324 and up. Current part number is 460-5342. I’ve always changed out the joystick unit, not sure you could even source a new sensor.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
It's unfortunate that the individual sensors mounted in the joystick base are not available separately. For those owners who have the time to disassemble/reassemble rather than those for whom downtime costs $$ and who need a pluy & play repair it would be a much chepaer solution.

ahart

I agree nige, I had one not too long back that the zip tie that holds the aux button wire broke and got between the pivot and the sensor and crushed it. $1500 zip tie at that point.