• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case580b rebuilt injection pump no fuel issue

Notch8

Read multiple posts , watched countless Youtube videos , numerous emails to the pump guy while rebuilding . So rebuilt pump cleaned everything spotless,assembled everything after rinsing under fresh diesel. new pump blades , new pilot tube , new pump ring,new weight cage . Double checked everything when assembled. slid pump back on tractor today hooked up everything and cannot get fuel out the high pressure side . Have fuel through pump and out return line . Pulled throttle body plate off its full of fuel , meter valve sways back and forth with linkage. Opened up vent plugs on pump cracked all injector lines at pump body throttle wide open . Not a drip of fuel out any injector ports. Rebuilt the rotor with the new stop pin in the oring kit valve came out of rotor wasn’t stuck everything was spotless ,put together the rotor saddles and pistons submerged in diesel like people mentioned . I have no idea what to think now , unless one of the pins is stuck in the rotor? another forum read to undo lines at pump then bump motor until port easiest to get at is open ,then drive air into that port to free up a stuck rotor piston. I’m open to any ideas really don’t want to pull this pump again . Read in other posts in this forum that I’m not the only one that has experienced this . Thanks everyone for the help .

Notch8

Yes was my first thought , undid linkage at pump pulled cable out tried different hole to put back together but can only go one way . I’ve tried to start it with it in. With it out . throttle wide open lines off at pump blew air in it at out port with both fuel line shutoff and return line off and pinched off . I can hear valves open a close in pump . Tried air in one of the injector ports with sssistance cranking engine over still nothing coming out of any ports. Transfer pump full of fuel, vent plug at pump pukes fuel when I crank it . Top vent pukes fuel when I crank. Only thing I can possible think is I put cam ring on upside down but I scribed it top and put it back the way it was . Even after the air maybe it’s possible there’s a plunger stuck in the rotor but they were spotless clean when put back to together , put together while submerged in fuel as someone said I had to do. Put new stop in rotor w the spring and valve nothing was sticky or gunked up torqued to 90inch lbs I m lost ready to burn the SOB.