• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2 speed on a Volvo EC210b excavator

Tim Waldner

Good Morning everyone i have a Volvo EC210B excavator and my 2 speed doesn't work on it i dont have 24v at the switch in side the cab does anyone know where the power to the switch comes from or does someone have a wiring diagram that would help we put on new solenoids but first we need to get power to the switch inside the cab

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPIACTED THANKS

LACHAU

You don't have +24V at the switch because that switch is connected to GND, it is not connected to +24V.
Refer to the attached circuit for details.
Good luck.

Pages from EC210B Electrical System.png

EC210B Travel Switch.png

Last edited:

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Above the battery box, there is a 4 bolt plastic cover bolted to the front of the tank. Remove the 4 bolts to uncover a smaller plastic housing. That is a relay box. Have a pan beneath it when you take the little screws out of the cover. The guts have probably rattled loose and will fall out. Sometimes, the relays will stick to the cover. Once your in there, identify RE9102 and 9103 based on the attachments LACHAU has provided. See if you have power passing through the mag side of the coils. Most often, one will have failed. Directly beneath this housing is conn EM02. Yes, it will have a banded marker to identify it. This connection is known to trap water and promote corrosion internally. Check to see if it's green and nasty. Good luck.