• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case TR270

Malingos

Hello everyone, I am looking for anyone that has any links on info for removing high pressure pump from TR270. Also any information for fuel system pressures. I have narrowed down to pump not building enough pressure but don't have any specs on it just going by what I'm seeing. Relief valve is not bypassing. Any help is appreciated.

Muffler Bearing

Occupation
Truck Mechanic
Three nuts on back and a 17 mm allen in the center of the breather in the front cover. I take the nuts off, get the allen backed off and hit it with a mallet to knock the gear off the shaft. Make sure you line up the keyway going back together. Just to double check: You're sure you are out of warranty, I could check if you post SN.
Also did you pull the low pressure line off the rail and make sure no fuel is coming out past the PRV?
I would never condemn a pump without pulling the rail, removing the PRV and the pressure sensor and pouring the rail out only a clean rag to check for metal. If there is any, get injectors too.