• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ascenso BH tires

berky

Looking for some new rear skins for my hoe. 19.5 x 24 on a 19000 pound machine. Ran across a good deal on some Ascenso BHB312. These tires have a tread pattern similar to those of conventional agricultural tires which is what I would prefer since I seem to be always running in mud. R4’s are to me a tradeoff for a smooth ride not maximum traction. Anyone out there who has any input good or bad about the Ascenso brand.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Good luck. I ordered the Maxdura 12 ply because I couldn’t pass up the price. The Ascenso’s were pretty much the same price, 400 bucks but couldn’t find one review on either tire.
Not sure where the Ascenso’s are made, the Maxdura is made in India.
Can‘t understand how there are no reviews on half the backhoe tires that are for sale.
The Ascenso’s tread look pretty good though the weight listed in the specs are a little light.

berky

Thanks HarleyHappy. Of all the tires that I looked at very few publish a load index rating. These are 151 which equates to about 7600 pounds. I only found one tire higher (156) than that and it was like $2000 a tire.
Why do you think they are light? Or are you just referring to actual tire gross weight of the carcass?

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Yes, one way I judge tires is by their weight. I just got Armstrong 20” tires for my truck at an insane price from Simplytire and wasn’t even aware they were E rated tires but suspected because of the carcass weight. The specs for most of the tires are pretty much wrong or useless. The only thing that will be correct usually is weight because of shipping.
The Maxdura tires that are coming Wednesday showed weight at 230 each, which honestly I thought light even for a bias ply tire that’s 50” tall. They say 12 ply but in specs say 14 ply.
The Ascenso’s were 188 though it does say 10 ply.
I think it’s just going to be a gamble.
When I ordered the Maxdura tires, there were 3 or 4 others with stupid costs that morning. They were all at or just under 400 bucks each.
Harvest King, Maxim, Ascenso, and Maxdura. I got the Maxdura for 372 bucks each with 30 dollars extra for each tire shipped.
Simplytire is like a roulette wheel on prices, depending on time of day and how much you traffic the site I believe.
Now, I can’t even find the tires I bought on there and the Ascenso’s are like 800 bucks.
I’m not complaining, Fed Ex called with a 400+ lb ship weight for Wednesday.
My current tires are Firestones and hard as heck and the lugs are splitting off but they hold air forever.
Just hope I don’t regret going with a tire with zero reviews.
The only good thing is, the tires with any reviews, have more bad than good.

Last edited:

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Update, I’m not quite sure what the deal is on Simplytire but just went on the site and now they have the Maxdura back in stock in the 17.5Lx24 and the price is a whopping 1801.09 each.
Holy crap, maybe the ones I got are 4 years old? Lol
It does say they won’t sell a tires more than 4 years old.
I have never seen such a price disparity unless it has a legal gambling disclaimer.
I did notice the Ascensco’s were 719 but what I wanted before but it was quite a bit more were the Maxim 904‘s at 520 each.
The tread looks good and I like the little dimples for popping off dried mud.
My Kubota has a tread like that and anything that sticks to the tire quickly pops off.

Welder Dave

See how the tires react at road speed. It might tell how balanced the tires are. I know in the past there were some brands of tires that needed a lot of weights to balance them. That's for car and truck tires but could still give an idea on how even the weight is on off road tires.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Not sure Dave if you mean my 20” truck tires?
2 of them had hardly any weight after balancing, I threw those up front first.
Backhoe tires, never heard of balancing them, I am considering filling them with beet juice or wiper fluid, figured I would see how it rides first.
Just like most backhoes, it’s a little tippy on 3 to1 grades.
I had my Kubota rear ties loaded and it made all the difference in the world in the woods with stumps and all.
What I’m looking for is a little more traction in mud and especially snow on pavement, the last couple of winters with the wet snow and freezing rain, the backhoe, whatever you don’t get with the first pass turns instantly to ice.
While I realize a backhoe isn’t ideal for plowing, the set up I have works well and keeps it running during the winter, which justifies its use.

Welder Dave

I was thinking of the backhoe tires but I don't know at what speed you'd notice a poorly balanced tire. A backhoe might not go fast enough you'd notice any difference. I've had the calcium in tractor tires partially freeze and there was a definite thump in higher gears. I don't know if a plain/empty tire would do the same thing.