• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Winter Time Woes

RyMac

So I know it is peak season, however I started working for a new company and the guys keep talking about their plans during winter. With me beingrelatively green to the industry, and I previously worked for a company that kept me working through the winter months, doing maintnance and other shop style jobs. Although I was not getting payed very much in general, but I never had to worry about unemployment HA. My new company, being a bigger company and depending on the winter (california drought problems), usually shuts down during winter. Im wondering what people usually do during these wet months? I have never been on unemployment and am hoping its going to be enough to keep me afloat. obviously saving now while the iron is hot but still wanting to know if others here do something else during these months? seasonal job? some of the guys here plow snow up in the california sierras, considering its seasonal, however would love to hear what others have done or do during the winter periods?

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
If you want to keep busy, sometimes very, very busy then you could try propane delivery. I thought it was quite good work, the weather is not usually that bad around here and you get plenty of excercise.