• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trailer brand quality- which ones?

mountainrancher

Looking for some advice on a trailer purchase and quality.

I'm a rancher and I need an equipment trailer to haul demo equipment about an hour each way, and then about 10 minutes between properties in a very rural area. Equipment I'm hauling will weigh about 12k and I'll mostly be pulling with a 1 ton. Looking for a gooseneck and I hope to get a deckover so I can haul materials with it easier. The local dealers sell mostly lamar and iron bull. I see a few big tex, lonestar, belmont, and titan too. I bought an iron bull dump trailer a few years ago and the powder coat is failing on the exterior in a few areas already.

Any recommendations from these brands or specific specs?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 8.28.10 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 8.28.10 AM.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 10

cfherrman

I have experience with big tex, pj, Titan, and Kaufman.

No matter what you buy the lights and wiring are junk and will not last no matter what they say.

I wasn't much a fan on pj but they worked.

Titan made a super nice trailer but I only saw for a couple years so I don't know the long term, I'd be happy with one.

I can't remember the big tex but I think they were fine

I hauled a new Kaufman and was impressed but don't know if long term.

You should get what that guy bought, a 17.5 tired equipment trailer (this one was bumper pull) and I was super impressed on those axles and tires. 7k axles I feel should be rated for 50% load and it's very hard to get things to last loaded all the time. The 17.5's were 8k axles and the tires sidewalls remind me of 19.5 tires, very thick and sturdy.