• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TL150 Coolant Problem

nhillin

My machine has the coolant level sensor, I have a bypass wired up that I typically use when digging or load/unload from trailer. My overflow bottle has been puking water out while running and after 3 or so hours the machine shuts down from low coolant. I allow it to cool and add water until its full and go at it again. Its typically worse early morning on initial start up until the engine warms to operating temp. My personal opinion is a head gasket leak causing air to pressure up in the cooling system... Or maybe a stuck thermostat??? Just wanting some opinions before I tear into it in the near future. Thanks

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Most likely the head gasket or head issue. Thermostat would just make it overheat not push coolant out when cold.
Is your rad cap sealing ok?

nhillin

Yes its new. I use a coolant suck down kit on it when I recently flushed the system and it held a good vaccum for 20min which made me scratch my head a little. I have the proper leak down adapters for this engine to get a definite answer I was just hoping it could be something else