• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tinted Glass

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
Was just looking at some of the newest pic's posted and brought to mind a question I had.I see the windows have heavy tint on some machines,what is people's thoughts on this.I would think it is a great idea for the operator.Now if I was working outside by the machine as a labourer I would be a little nervous as I couldn't see the operator and know he could see or notice me.I see a lot of woods machines are tinted but they normally don't have people walking in the area.So what's the thought, good, bad, dangerous,poor visability in night or whatever.

BRL

I have never used or worked around a piece of equipment with tinted glass. I can definitely see where there would be concern if I were the laborer working with someone when I couldn't see their eyes. Scares me to think about. Although there are some that I would work with like that now that I think of it, but only becasue I know they operate well & safely & I am in tune with them.

Dirt Diggler

Occupation
Superintendent
Every Machine I have has tint on them my guys have no problem working around these machines and as far as seeing out of the machine its just like wearing sunglasses and operating a canopy machine.