• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stone Slinger - remote control box

farmboy555

Occupation
Owner Operator
I found a remote control box on the side of the road today, looks to be in good shape. I guess it's for a stone slinger or concrete pump truck.
It has 3 joy sticks, a red push & pull knob, a green button, 4 toggle switchs marked engine start & stop, engine speed advance, speed and a black knob on the right side with O & P. It's yellow in color. Anyone tell me what I have and the value of it?? thanks dennis:confused:

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
. Anyone tell me what I have and the value of it??

To the man who lost it its worth a mint, to you all its worth is the entertainment value if you have the time to cruise around and spot a concrete pump and see if you can ruin his day :D

Seriously, dont know :beatsme. Its probably a case of how much effort you want to put in to being a detective, working out the most likely looser and spending some time on the phone to locate the owner.

One looser will be so thankful and offer you the world another will probably accuse you of pinching it for ransom, hows your rateing of human nature :D

farmboy555

Occupation
Owner Operator
I made some call's in the local area where I found it, but no one claimed it. I'll return it for free, no problem. Looks like it would have some kind of ID on it.:beatsme

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I made some call's in the local area where I found it, but no one claimed it. ........... Looks like it would have some kind of ID on it.

You've done a lot more than many would have, due credit :drinkup

Stick it on Ebay, you can bet your butt the person who lost it will be onto it like a shot :D

What on earth is a stone slinger? :beatsme

farmboy555

Occupation
Owner Operator
I'm still looking for the owner.
A stone slinger/shooter. They are rock trucks that instead of dumping they are built a little on the line of a lime truck and it has a high speed conveyor chute out the back that you can move left to right, up and down. a good operator can put 4" of stone on a building pad with your plumbing stubed up and you would never know the truck was on site.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
www.superstoneslinger.com/

Well thats a new one on me :notworthy I assumed it was a nickname for something but I never imagined that. :)

A stone slinger/shooter. They are rock trucks that instead of dumping they are built a little on the line of a lime truck and it has a high speed conveyor chute out the back that you can move left to right, up and down. a good operator can put 4" of stone on a building pad with your plumbing stubed up and you would never know the truck was on site.

Thanks thats very intresting and not something I am aware of in the UK.
Having said that I wouldn't trust most of the truck drivers ( tipper drivers ) to be able to handle one of those. :D

farmboy555

Occupation
Owner Operator
you can go to UTube and put in stone shooter and see one working

Iron Horse

How about posting a picture of it on this thread ? The owner may find it or someone who knows he lost it may . The worlds a small place now with the WWW .