• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sk220 swing power

Steamboat

I have an sk 220 lc mark 4 serial #llu2224 that seams like I am losing power in my swing motor. If the machine is at a marginal incline with a full bucket of dirt it won't turn up hill ???

kevin37b

Occupation
Operator #841
How long have you been around this machine , just asking.We had a 200 and a270 at work. Neither one would swing worth a damn if you were doing anything else , like moving the stick. If you didn't touch anything else and just swung , they were okay. Not real handy but thats how they were. The mechanic told me it was in the valving of the machines. I will say , those machines were bought new and had over 8000 hrs whentraded last year.Never a single downtime breakdown of any kind.'