• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Parts book access

heymccall

I can lookup Deere, Cat, Case online.
Komatsu with a log-in.

My Hyundai dealer says not possible. Ironically, they are also my Kobelco dealer, which they also say is not possible.

Does Kobelco and/or Hyundai make this possible? Before I go up and down, or around, somebody, I was just curious

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I can kind-of understand not letting people have access to things like service manuals or recall information.

But not parts books at least for people that own the equipment, maybe restrict price information. I can see where a large company with hundreds of machines could be getting a discount where a small time operator with one little excavator might be charged full list price.

David P (CAT)

IDK about your dealer...but maybe...
maybe they just don't know. i used to work for a dealer that would not give you a cat account without a customer account first for SIS or parts.cat.com. but another dealer just required an email acount and i got acces to customer version of SIS. dealers decide what they want to give you.
I personaly think when you buy a pice of equipment you should get a parts manual an owners manual and a toolbox with basic tools for regular maintenance