• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

On guard system problems

Ziaman

Hello everyone. I've been breaking my head on this issue for about a week now, hopefully someone can help. I have a 2014 freightliner cascadia DD13. I'm getting several codes but mainly SPN 5606 FMI 19. My truck starts and accelerates fine on neutral, once in gear it only goes on and off up to 3 to 5 mph. Reverse works fine. Thanks for your help in advance.

Truck Shop

IIRC-that relates to connection issue-and more than likely because of year it's a harness issue.
If it was taking forever to shift from neutral to drive but would be slow shifting to reverse that
is actuator and internal-a common issue on early models--And I'm guessing this truck has a
DD12 transmission or is it a Eaton Auto Shift?

Ziaman

It's a 10 speed Eaton. It works perfectly when the On guard system is disabled. Right now it's giving me a SPN904-9 and 1121-9 and is shifting as it should.