• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old dozer, new paint

rino1494

This is a 1960's Case 450 dozer. My dad bought it in the 70's with 8,000 hrs on it and since then, we have changed several hour meters on it. My dad never kept track, but he estimates at least 20,000 hrs on it. Been through alot of welding, new undercarriages, packing kits and rebuilt motors. We use it quite a bit and this past summer, I even fine graded 3,000 ton of modified sub base for a development we did. Well, we decided that the old girl finally needed some paint. So, this winter we tore her apart, sandblasted it and shot her with some paint. Sorry, for the poor quality pics. Hey, I can't be good at operating everything :lmao

Attachments

• 450 side.JPG
    450 side.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 5,614
  • 450 rear.JPG
    450 rear.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 5,512

rino1494

Painted Pics......

Attachments

• 450 new paint side.JPG
    450 new paint side.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 5,000
  • 450 new paint rear.JPG
    450 new paint rear.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 4,826
  • 450 new paint angle.JPG
    450 new paint angle.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 4,834

Wulf

Nice... must be like one of the family now!

Pity you couldn't get the old type Case decal for the back of the machine (if that was original?)

cat320

Charter Member
That case looks like it came out nice. We used to have an old 310 track loader probably made in the late 50's or early 60's it was orangie in color but it was gas and it needed every thing done to it .

rino1494

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Wulf said:
Nice... must be like one of the family now!

Pity you couldn't get the old type Case decal for the back of the machine (if that was original?)

I am pretty sure that the decals that we put on is what is suppose to be on there. that dozer was repainted before we bought it back in the 70's. When I sandblasted it, I found some red underneath the yellow.

SouthOnBeach

Occupation
jack of all trades
old dozers never seem to die with enought welding done to them. i'm using around a 1949 450 right now. still runs great besides a little play in the blade, ok so maybe a quit a bit of play. but it still runs great.

smalltime

That reminds me of the old 450 loader I used to run as a kid. I guess Dad got tired of looking out for me while he was running it & just decided it would be easier to let me me run it. Good memories. Those stickers look like the ones on our late 70's 450 dozer. The mid 60's 450 loader had smaller letters & numbers, but they were black.

DigDug

Good job Rhino. I like that old Case , glad to see you guys keep running it. :drinkup

rino1494

Wow, glad to see one of my threads revived. :D

BTW, that machine was painted before we got it. The original color was red.

Lashlander

yup they did acording to the dealer. if you can believe them. :beatsme

I'm curious what the Case 600 or the Case 1000 were then. My dad had both back in the sixties. The 600 was about the size of the 450 or slightly smaller and the 1000 was the size of the 550 or a little bigger. Anyone else know?:beatsme

Tn Bulldog

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/ Truck driver
looks good Rino :drinkup :thumbsup

ive ran a few of the ole Case's myself they are a whole different machine compared to the rest but still hang in there w/ the rest .

i Have a Buddy of mine who has a 450B Loader (71 or 72 model) has owned it since 82 or 83 bought it from original owner has since put a 4in1 on it & still has the original GP Bucket for it & it works every day just like a new one . :cool:

Work on him everyonce in awhile but just like a timex watch the ole 450B Case keep on tickin (i look for it to outlast the cx130 Case trackhoe my same buddy bought afew years ago to work w/ the lil 450B ;) )

later

Bulldog

Last edited:

sixshooter

I will have to print pics of that out and show my father we need to repaint our old case 580CK. Its nice. Where did you find the decals, or did you have them made?

cat320

Charter Member
well if your decals are still good i taped off mine when i painted my old 580C they where not the greatest but it saved on getting them on an old machine i would think you would be better off at a sign place but try your local case dealer they might be able to still get them.

surfer-joe

My brother & I owned and operated a Case 450 like that for a couple of years in the mid-sixties. It had a gas motor, does yours?

I was cleaning up a parking lot behind a bar one time getting it ready for asphalt and that little gas engine would really pick up steam in one particular spot. Ollie the foreman finally came over from loafing on the transport trailer and wanted to know what I was doing to get that little extra burst. I got off and we walked over to the spot it always happened -- and discovered that I was running over a broken natural-gas line that was just barely below the surface of the lot.

That ended work there for the day. We moved on to another job after letting the bar owner know he had a problem out back.

My brother kept that little dozer for about three years, but finally got rid of it in a trade for another Deere 450C.