• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My new toy

upnover

Occupation
Consultant
Picked up the mini last night and took it to the farm to try it out. I have a lot of hand eye coordination to get used to. I should start playing video games!:) What a great machine. Even in hard clay I could dig easily with the 24" toothed bucket. Too bad winter is coming so I will have to wait to play some more in spring.

Attachments

• P1010036.jpg
    P1010036.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,452
  • P1010040.jpg
    P1010040.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,461

Mike250

That's a nice looking machine.That would come in handy working around my property. Good luck with it and keep us posted on it!

cat320

Charter Member
nice machine. your eye had coordination will improve with time but it will be fun trying. :D

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
I rented that machine this summer to do a backyard septic replacement job. I found it to be a good machine. Good digging power and smooth controls. I wasn't sure it would have the beans to pull the old metal tank out of the ground since it was at a wierd angle and partially covered by a cement patio. It slid it over and lifted it out with ease.
You are going to have fun with it.

upnover

Occupation
Consultant
Well actually it has 157 hours on it. I think the previous owner greased it every 2 hours as it took me all morning to wipe all the excess grease off of it!

clayton

thats a nice excavator you got there btw is it a yanmar?
ive never heard of a yanmar excavator:p

upnover

Occupation
Consultant
Yes it is a Yanmar VIO-35-5. I had not really heard of them either. I was looking at the Cat, Deere or Case when I found this deal too good to pass up. The 3 year/3000 hour warranty was a bonus too. I cant wait to use it when the snow goes.

strott

Occupation
Mini Excavator and dumper operator
Yanmar's are well known for their Short tailswing and zero tail swing models like yours is, so you've got a top quality machine there, enjoy.