• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mustang 960 Skid Loader

rajandura

Looking for some information on my skid loader. This is the 960 with the Isuzu 4jb1 diesel engine. The machine is a 1994.

I have noticed that the engine light has been coming on a lot lately, according to the user book it is due to high temperatures or low oil pressure. I just serviced the engine with new oil and filters, light seems to come on intermittently most often when at low idle, then goes out on high idle for a short time. Coolant is full, fan is engaged. Any thoughts? Don't want to blow the machine up...

This has the T bar handle for drive. I noticed a whooshing sound when I operate the machine at full throttle forward and reverse. something to do with the hydraulic system or just normal for a machine of this age?

Having problems with the parking brake engaging as well, anyone have experience with this? seems as if the bottom cable for the passenger side lock doesn't pull/release all the way. Maybe just an adjustment needed?

Other then that the machine is very reliable and is probably enjoying its retirement with me from its days of concrete busting for a fuel tank replacement company for gas stations.If anyone has any other useful tidbits for this machine it would be appreciated. Future tasks include changing the fan belt, antifreeze/coolant replacement, and fixing a muffler that is falling apart.
Thanks,
Ryan