• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Licenses

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I recall having read about that somewhere. Is that not also required for *any* machinery that'll lift a certain amount of weight? (Like, you'd need it even for a skid steer?)

Presumably, most backhoes wouldn't be heavy enough to require a CDL for on road operation, but something a little bigger, like a Gradall would. Also, presumably, many employers would want their operator to be able to load the machine onto a trailer and haul it to the nesxt site, so that would require a CDL...

PAYTON

Charter Member
Occupation
OPERATOR
UNDER 16000 A REG . DRIVERS LIC IS ACCEPTABLE OVER 16000 REQUIRES CDL OR AT LEASE CHAUFFERS(SP) ANYTHING OVER 16000 PULLING A TRAILER REQUIRES CDL CHAUFFERS WONT WORK^

ASK ME HOW I FOUND OUT:Banghead

I ALSO SO KNOW IN THE STATE OF KY COPS RUN BLUE LIGHTS. STATE OF INDIANA VOL. FIRE MAN DO..

SO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE COLOR OF THE LIGHTS FOR THE STATE.. FINALLY REALIZED IT WASNT A VOL. FIREMAN WHEN 3 MORE JOINED THE LINE.. AND ONE FINALLY PULLED UP BESIDES ME (LOUD SPKR) PULL THE TRUCK OVER TO THE SIDE OF THE INTERSTATE THIS IS THE KENTUCKY STATE HIGHWAY PATROL. PULL THE VEHCILE OVER NOW ..