• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Let's see some Carnage

Mogcrazy

Hello,
I own a small metal shop and we are just getting into doing bucket repairs and hardfacing. I wanted to get some good pictures of broken equipment to put on our brochure to hand out to people about our services. So if you have and good pictures post em up! I want to see broken buckets, bent blades, or anything else you may have just worked to hard.

Thanks
Shaun

Vantage_TeS

Occupation
HE Operator. Surprise?
Ripper off a D11N in the bucket of my 385C. Had a little disagreement with some pretty nasty rock. Rock won.

Attachments

• 1 017.jpg
    1 017.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 2,428

Mogcrazy

Wow

DAMN! that must have made a really loud sound when it broke, that looks like atleast two inch thick steel. That is a great pic thanks for sharing it, all right guys lets see some more.

Sreamerbeast

Occupation
Scrap handler.
hmm I got a lot of stuff i repaired in time couple backhoe buckets that are caved in the back from smashing scrap into hoppers if you want to take a peek at

catd8t

Occupation
bulldozer excuvator operator
it looks small cause its in a 385 bailling buckit the d10 i ran last summers ripper was at least 5 inchs thick

Mogcrazy

Need more pics

Man that's some thick steel! It really does look tiny in that bucket though. It looks kinda like it broke where it was welded or did you just rip that plate of steel in half? What were you trying to move that 5" thick steel wasn't beefy enough?:eek:

Sreamerbeast I'd love to take a look at anything you guys got. I've been a welder for many years, but I gotta tell ya I'm kind of new at this big iron stuff. Not that I haven't welded a lot of thick steel, I-beams and structural building posts together in my time, but damn tearing some 5" plate in half leaves me a little weak in the knees!

Also for your enjoyment I just posted up my first ever youtube video. As you can tell my rig can't do nearly as much work as most of yours, but I thought it was pretty impressive at the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwyeYG2EoiE

Thanks for all the help and info guys, keep it coming!
Shaun

alco

it looks small cause its in a 385 bailling buckit the d10 i ran last summers ripper was at least 5 inchs thick

I think it may be a bit narrower than that, the shank on my D11R is only 4 inches thick.

Brian

catd8t

Occupation
bulldozer excuvator operator
it was this thick (im holding my fingers a part)
hahaha like i said thick

bigcatpip

I ripped 4 shanks total untill they could find me another 72in bucket. In poorly shot rock and wet dirt.

Attachments

• IMG_2169.jpg
    IMG_2169.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,914

Vantage_TeS

Occupation
HE Operator. Surprise?
Nope working by himself right in front of me. I put one scoop in the truck, swung back for another and SNAP. Sheared off right there it goes into the body of the ripper. Guy's a really good dozer operator too. Must have been a weak spot in the metal *shrugs*

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Its easy to break a ripper shank off if you don't rip in a straight line. I've broke lots of stuff just no pics...

dumpchuck

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
While this isn't a something repairable, It does perhaps fall under the category of carnage. I'm also making my first attempt at uploading a picture.:eek:

Attachments

• tires 015.jpg
    tires 015.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 895

dumpchuck

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Thats the second one we've had break in the last three years. The first one broke towards the back. Its a spindle off a 1973 Cat 825B dirt compactor. The only thing that kept the wheel from coming off was the cleaner bar.