• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 35D 2010 thumb stopped working ser 2651xx

Richard V

The thumb switch on the right joystick stopped working. The fuse (F8) is OK. In fact all the fuses are OK. I took apart the handle and looked for a broken wire and nothing appears to be. I noticed the rear button to idle the machine is also not working but the horn button is. I don't know when that stopped working but the wire for that button and the thumb rocker switch are all going to a small metal box which is silicon filled. I don't know what that is for ?. Anyways I guess I should up the cab and look elsewhere ? Any ideas anyone ? I could not find the part number on JD site.

aardquark

A while back I was looking for thumb switches for a 35D, and had some trouble finding them. I never ordered any, but did find this site with switches that look like they might fit.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
That little box is part of the handle wiring, correct? With the wiring still connected, and carefully backprobing the wiring (machine side of the connection) and you have voltage into the handle, and the handle has a good ground, and no output from the handle to the solenoids, then you need a handle assembly (which would set you back $600 US). Switches are not sold separately.

Handle subs to 4714147

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 5.36.56 AM.png