• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hyundai mini excavators

DILLIGAF

Occupation
buisness owner, excavation earthmoving and drainag
anyone had experience with hyundai mini's
I'm looking at getting a new 35z-7 witch is the 3.5 ton digger and have demo'ed it and was very happy with it (although I never found a digger i didn't like) and after looking at all the other machine's in it class it was priced very very well, my mate had the 5.5 tonner and that was reliable but i've found no feedback on the 3.5,
are they a good thing or are they cheaply made piece's of cr@p that fall apart like the hyundai cars
any advice welcome

74inchShovel

Hyundai cars are showing better reliability than Benz, BMW et al. 15 years ago-different story. If you go by price alone you may not be happy long term. Demo a Takeuchi, Kubota-good luck!

tylermckee

i run a hyundai 55, 140, and a 160. great for the price, they have held up very well. i'm assuming the 35 would too.

DILLIGAF

Occupation
I have demo'ed the takeuchi and kubota and i know for sure they are reliable, I have a kubota and I had a takeuchi for a while, I also really like the komatsu pc 35 but you dont get much change from 100 grand, the hyundai is nearly half the price, so just trying to find out if they are gonna be almost as tough as the kubota and i just might buy it

Flexin

I have demo'ed the takeuchi and kubota and i know for sure they are reliable, I have a kubota and I had a takeuchi for a while, I also really like the komatsu pc 35 but you dont get much change from 100 grand, the hyundai is nearly half the price, so just trying to find out if they are gonna be almost as tough as the kubota and i just might buy it

Did you end up testing the Hyundai?

James

DILLIGAF

Occupation
yep, sure did, and I was very happy with it, however at the last minute I lost my nerve and bought a new takeuchi tb145, Its a little bigger than what I was originally after but in the end im glad because I have been needing that extra lift capacity a lot lately, still I am sure I would have been happy with a hyundai