• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Ex150 V / no throttle control

blakeusa52

Engine starts and idles and will shut down. No increase in engine when throttling up. Removed the linkage from the fuel pump and can rev the machine by moving the lever on the fuel pump. Put it back together and adjusted the linkage a bit and it ran fine for 5 min then stopped again.

I have a service manual that shows a long cable like 120 inches which is what appears to be on the machine. Seems to run from the intrrior control panel back by the batteries then to the engine...connects to a swivel rod that's about 12 inches which i belive connects to lever on the fuel pump.

I plan on removing the cable tomorrow... but is there an electronic or hydro control or just a direct old school cable on this machine?

Service manual shows just long cable but my parts manual shows something completely different. I must have the wrong parts manual. Not sure if I have an electronic throttle control. Just a lever on the dash that runs back to the engine..

If anybody has an ex150 V parts manual please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Diesel Dave

Not sure if I have an electronic throttle control. Just a lever on the dash that runs back to the engine..

Thank you in advance.
What’s your serial number start with ?
EX150 serial # prefix is 133,
EX150-5 serial # prefix is 13K
If you have a throttle lever on the dash sounds like the machine is a straight EX150 .
If you have the SDX instrument panel ,try turning off the auto idle switch.The auto idle system may not be functioning correctly.
Deere online parts has the catalog for a Hitachi EX150 .
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/search/type/model/term/EX150 .

Last edited:

Diesel Dave

If you can shut off the engine with the console throttle lever control it sounds like the throttle cable is in useable condition.
I suspect your engine high speed control issue is related to the auto-idle system.
Turn off the console auto idle switch and put the mode switch in “P“ position. Are you able to throttle up the engine to high rpm ?
If no, check the (2) mini hydraulic cylinders (key # 23 in screenshot below) at the throttle linkage pivots .The cylinder rods should not be extended or if they are extended they should be able to be retracted easily with light hand pressure.
See parts screenshot below.
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/75017/referrer/search/pgId/137560 .
1719794233743.jpeg

Last edited:

blakeusa52

Ok I know the 2 mini cylinders you are talking about... if they don't move freely does this mean they need to be rebuilt or would it be the whole box or both.

I will be at the machine tomorrow and I greatly appreciate the advise.

Diesel Dave

With the auto idle console switch off and the mode switch in the “P“ position. If you find either one of the mini cylinders extended, follow the cylinder hose back to the solenoid valve block and unplug the wire harness at the corresponding solenoid valve coil. If the mini cylinder still remains extended I suspect the solenoid valve cartridge is leaking internally sending pilot oil to the cylinder un commanded.
1719802153366.jpeg

Last edited: