• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hardhat

badranman

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner Cutting Edge Construction Limited
Who makes a hardhat for a big head? All the ones I try sit high on my head. My dealers keep telling me to keep trying until one fits. I need one that's CSA approved. I'd like one with just the front brim not all the way around, thanks.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
First, I need to say that I'm not an expert, but I do have a sort of hard hat collection. I have about a dozen different hard hats, just because I like them. One of these days I'll get around to posting pics. Anyway...

I took a quick look at my collection and of the different manufacturers represented, none adjust to any size bigger than 8. MSA products seem only to go up to 7 5/8. The others all seem to go up to 8--that includes Bullard, Wilson, Norton, and Tuf-E. (Personally, I like the Bullards the best.) Of those, only one has any adjustment for depth--that one is the Norton.

None of these hats are new, so I can't even say for sure whether all the manufacturers ares still in business. I looked online for Norton, and found a lot of computer software, but that obviously won't keep you from geeting a fractured skull. What I did find was North Saftey Products. This one looks pretty similar to the Norton one I have and the description says in part, "Pin lock adjustment, 6-point nylon suspension with 3-level height adjustment."

Whether that will help you, I don't know.

badranman

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner Cutting Edge Construction Limited
Thanks Digger. I actually tried the North on a few days ago....too small .:( I guess I don't fit the mold, at least my head doesn't.:)