• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel consumption

CATmandew

Hey guys,

I was curious if some of you could give me a good idea of the fuel consumption on some minis....roughly the gallons per hour usage

Cat 304
Cat 305

Bobcat 435
Bobcat 430

Thanks

Canadian_digger

We have a 334 bobcat and It burns about 1g an hr give or take depending how hard you are running it. I'm not a 100% but I think the 430 and 435 are turbo and the 334 is not. So that might make a bid differnce.

Country

Occupation
Retired High Voltage Overhead Lineman
I have a Bobcat 331 and it burns 1.5 to 2 GPH....
The 334 is a long arm version of the 331. Not sure why CD is getting so much better GPH. I'm always working it pretty hard. Maybe that's it, but it seems like a big differance...
Mine is an '02 with a V2203 Tier II.

Last edited:

Canadian_digger

I don't pay real close attention to my fuel usage. So it could be more. I'm guessing I could probably run it for about 14-15 hours on a tank. Our is a 2003 or 2004 can't remember.

Country

Occupation
Retired High Voltage Overhead Lineman
Yeah, I can only run mine for 6 to 8 hours between refuelings... (12.5 gal tank)
Just curious CD, whats your RPM at wide open throttle and is that where you run it? Mine is set at 2600 RPM and I'm always wide open.

Thanks,

Rick

Canadian_digger

I'm not sure what wide open is 2600rpm sounds about right though. I never dig wide open with it. Normally around 2200-2400rpm depends what I am doing.

Yukon Digger

I was getting about 0.7-1.0 gal/hr (imp) in my KX121-3 this summer running between 3/4 and full throtle. I wish I had kept better track. For remote work I make sure there is 10gal/day but average about 6-7 gals a day. Nice to be able to throw one or two 5 gal jugs on a ATV and not have to deal with tidy tanks or 45 (55) gallon drums.