• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Disconnecting hour meter on John Deere 50g

Wbail

Hey, I was posting to see if anyone had any idea on how to disconnect the hour meter on a John Deere 50G excavator so it doesn’t track how many hours it is being used? If anyone knows how to do this and would like to explain, that would be great.

Welder Dave

Or buy a machine so you don't have to rent one. I've seen some bizarre posts but asking how to cheat someone, doing you a service, out of money?? This is right up there with the kid going into a building that clearly says no trespassing and asking how to get an "abandoned" IH 175 loader moving after it started right up.
I think you came to the wrong forum. This forum requires make, model, serial number and name of the dealer or rental outfit you're dealing with to get the most accurate advice.

Last edited:

ahart

You definitely came to the wrong place. This is a community of the most outstanding folks the world has to offer, bar none. You will not be receiving any advice on how to cheat someone out of anything. Hopefully you feel enough shame for asking to do the right thing. We solve problems here that make the world a better place, not scumbag crap like this.

Tyler d4c

He's from baton Rouge let's call all the local rental places and tell them.

But the lack of sense there is to go ask such a thing on a public forum!

Welder Dave

I was hoping he'd tell the serial number of the machine and who he was renting from. It would be different if a rental shop was over charging but that's not the case.