• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 160CLC

dvh4407

Having trouble with my 160 CLC excavator . Would not started and found out it was the 24V Fuel Shutoff solenoid not pulling in. So I replaced it with the wiring that came with it as well. Turn the key the valve plunger does not pull in still like it should go back to dealer exchange it and get a new part. Same issue occurs checked the fuses like I organically did and all are good and right. I see the auto throttle control adjust once the key is turned but nothing happens with the fuel shut off. I pull in the plunger and have the key turn and it starts like it should.

Figuring something maybe with a diode or something with a relay not activating it. Looking for some assistance here before I burn myself out chasing the wrong stuff.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
If I’m not mistaken, that solenoid has to be adjusted,,
It has to bottom out in its case when activated..
Bolt it up where it’s supposed to be, then MANUALLY pull the plunger in until it bottoms., while holding it in, move the s/o lever to shut off.. u should see a difference in the travel..
Screw the rod on the solenoid to match the hole on the lever..

dvh4407

Welcome to HEF dvh :cool:
From your description, it sounds like your machine is a 160LC .
Do you have a full serial number ?
Thank you. Not at the moment. I will be back on site at the machine come Friday I can reply with a serial.