• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 216 Cat 216 Questions

ammocat

Greetings to all from Cloudy Afghanistan. I am currently deployed and while here I decided to purchase a skid loader. I have found one that seems to fit the bill. It's a Cat 216 and runs and looks great. I was wondering If I could ask you guys a few questions regarding this Cat model. Do they have any known issue? any recalls? any advice you can share with a newbee? Please feel free to share your knowledge with me even if it's bad. Thanks

nzpatch

I've had a cat 216 for 9 and a bit years, done 3850hrs now with little problems. The biggest thing was a drive motor, but the reman part was not that dear. Most other things all good just alternater and the odd hose. Good luck with you cat.

ammocat

I've had a cat 216 for 9 and a bit years, done 3850hrs now with little problems. The biggest thing was a drive motor, but the reman part was not that dear. Most other things all good just alternater and the odd hose. Good luck with you cat.

Sounds good, Do most Bobcat attachment work with it? Is the self leveling feature standard or optional? Thank you for your reply

nzpatch

Self level is a option, I don't have it. I think most things fit, may need to change the hyd fittings tho. P.s if the us is giving 246c's out I'll have one, thanks.