• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 855D 1987

jeremy35

I'm trying to get the equipment pump removed from the balehousing on this case 855D tracloader. Anyone with information on this I would appreciate the feedback. Thank you

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Welcome to HEF @jeremy35

There is an adapter shaft (50) to drive the hydraulic pump - on the 855D it runs in a dry compartment (39), sealed (38) from transmission oil & the hyd oil.
The splines get very worn & it is obviously jammed up with interlocking worn spline teeth.
Get someone to rotate the engine back & forward a little while you try to pull the pump.
OR it just may be rusted in place.......

855D's eat those adapter shafts & pump splines because of this design.
1150's use exatly the same set up - but are wet, running in trans oil & the splines never wear out.

**TIP - You can modify it to be wet quite easily, & make the splines last much longer.

There is a tell tale drain opening in #39 plate - braze up that opening using a bolt / or some round or square bar as a filler & grind flat.
Eliminate seal #38
Eliminate expansion plug #51
Make a gasket for the front of the hyd pump.

First of all my guess is, you have to repair the problem you are currently dealing with :rolleyes:

855D hyd pump drive.png