• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580E Transaxle Problems

escondidotundra

Hello, Thanks for checking out my thread. I'm hoping someone with more knowledge than me would be willing to help.

I recently stripped a few teeth off the ring gear. I'm in the automotive performance business so naturally I called in my gear guy to fix it.

Today we pulled the transaxle and got as far as disassembly everything but the pinion. It is apparently part of the transmission.

Anybody know how I pull all those gears out of the case? Is there a video or written instructions somewhere?

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
First I'm assuming that you have the transaxle out on the bench. remove front cover take two C-clamps and attach to front gear on top shaft that allows you to move gears forward enough to take snap ring out from rear gear. Then remove clamps and put a piece of angle iron and place it on the center of shaft between the synchronizer and the front gear. Drive top shaft out and then remove nut on pinion shaft and drive it out also.

xgiovannix12

Occupation
Operator/Mechanic/Truck driver
should be a c clip by the gears. Download repair manual linked above