• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat troubles?

53cummins

Something you owners of bobcat minis might want to be on the look out for. friend of mine just had the cylinder ram for the stick break off because the nut on the end inside the cylinder backed off and let the piston work back and forth and it weaknd it till it broke while he was stretching the stick out with nothing even in the bucket... took it to bobcat dealership and the mechanic told him he had seen several others with the same thing

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
let me guess 337 341 or a 435 they suposidly had a design flaw in the threads or the nut or head or something and thats why they broke seen a bunch of them

53cummins

it is a 435 with just over 1100 hours... i think that if it is somekind of design flaw that bobcat should have to cover atleast part of the repair cost instead of hitting the owner with a $800-1000 bill:confused:

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
thats bobcat for ya or a bad dealer that didn't try to get it covered for you under warrranty of some sort because even if the machine is out of warranty occasionally they will cover a part if its a known problem

navasotaman

I have a 1996 bobcat 337. gets the job done! here lately I developed a problem with the house not wanting to move and the blade wont go up or down. Started after it leaked all the fluid out from a blown hose. Fixed hose and filled with fluid. Still nothing. Anybody else had that problem?