• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Be On The Lookout.....

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
for any new Caterpillar skid steers available at an unbelievable price. The local dealer had ten stolen last week. The following is a reprint from the Poughkeepsie Journal:

Clues sought in theft of heavy machinery
WALLKILL -- State police are looking for help from the public after construction machines worth $300,000 were stolen from a Wallkill machinery company.

Police said two large tractor-trailers would have been needed to steal the 10 Caterpillar ''skid steer'' excavating machines from the H.O. Penn Machinery Company on Bloomingburg Road.

They believe the work was done overnight, either Wednesday or Thursday, and the alleged thieves would have had to spend a significant amount of time and effort loading the $30,000 machines onto the tractor trailers. Two buckets that could be mounted on the machines are also missing.

Anyone with information on the theft is asked to call state police in Middletown at 845-344-5300. All calls will be kept confidential.

John Banks

I hate to hear these things, it's too bad. And the people at H.O. Penn are all great too. When I got my machine from them a few years ago, I had Lojak installed right away, it's also in our trucks. You never know.

My guess is that they were stuffed in some containers, loaded at port and are on their way to somewhere far away.

We'll keep our eyes open.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
My guess is that they were stuffed in some containers, loaded at port and are on their way to somewhere far away.

When I read Steve's opening post that was the first thing that crossed my mind too...