• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Auxiliary Hydraulic Fittings 310SJ

Ricardo Cotte

Hello all,
I am in need to replace my auxiliary hydraulic lines going to the extend a hoe.

I was planning on having these made before disassembling and already know the fitting size/type going to the quick connectors.

However, the other end that goes in the pipe running along the boom I have not been able to see it because I am lacking a good 35 mm wrench to loosen the connection. The fixed end on this hose accepts a 32 mm spanner.

If I could determine this I can have the hoses made in advance. Just trying to gain some time here. Part no is AT308466 and my local JD dealer doesn't have any. Was to told to fabricate them.

So, it's either buying a 35 mm (1 3/8") in a rush or letting the good friends here at HEF help with their experience. Thanks for your help.P_20240625_111004.jpg

Attachments

• P_20240625_111004_1.jpg
    P_20240625_111004_1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6

Diesel Dave

The male end of hose part # AT308466 has a -12 flat face o-ring part # T77858 installed .
The female end of the hose connects to an adapter which also uses a -12 flat face oring part # T77858.
The JD dealer has access to the build specs of most hydraulic hoses used on Deere equipment,I guess that particular hose didn’t make the list…..strange.
1719411974659.jpeg

Last edited:

Ricardo Cotte

Hello Diesel Dave,

Thanks much again for your help. With that information I may venture and have at least one fabricated/done. These are equal for pressure and return.

Well, yes, my JD dealer didn't give any more information. I did see on another website (AV Spare) some information on the id and the length (130 3/4"). But nothing about the type/size on fittings.

The existing ones are Aeoroquip brand. I would like to source equal or similar quality since these hoses bend and flex a lot. I have heard there are ultra flexible ones too with at least 2"-4" bending radius in 5/8" id.

Much appreciated again for your kind help

Ricardo Cotte

Hello mg2361,

Thanks for always chipping in. Well, I guess I am all by myself here. Unfortunately, even if I wanted to buy stuff from the JD local dealer, it is not of much help. I find myself looking elsewhere for information and replacement parts.

Your help and that from other folks here at HEF is priceless as I have mentioned before.

I am pretty much aware now of what to ask for from whatever hose repair/fabricator I chose tomorrow.

These hoses were, in my opinion, either badly installed or they moved away. There's this pinch point where the hoses get bent beyond their capacity (see photo) causing a lot of stress when the dipper is completely lifted. I am thinking I might make them have more room so bending is not extreme.

Other issue is I might ask for a 45 degree female fitting where it attaches to the quick connectors. I feel that bulge there is unnecessary and also takes away hose length necessary on that "S" pattern. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• P_20240626_145711_1.jpg
    P_20240626_145711_1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
  • P_20240626_145726_1.jpg
    P_20240626_145726_1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • P_20240626_151004.jpg
    P_20240626_151004.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • P_20240626_150955.jpg
    P_20240626_150955.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Too much hose at the coupler and not enough at the "S". The hose guard should also be stretched from clamp to clamp and attached to said clamps with a large zip tie. I am off today, but will take a photo of how the hoses are routed on a new machine and I'll post it. Might not be until Monday.

Ricardo Cotte

Good morning,

Thanks for your reply. That's what I have been thinking for so long and am glad it's confirmed by you.

That's the kind of stuff that pops up when you get a used machine with no knowledge of past servicing.

I read in a few places these hoses as 130.75" long. I measured the aux one yesterday and got about 138" which should be more than enough to route them properly? BTW, the one leaking is the hose going to the bucket curl cylinder. Didn't know until the protective cover was removed. Will replace them both.

I will wait for your photo. Thanks!

Welder Dave

Do the clamps fit tightly on the hoses? The tight bends after the clamps are way too tight. I'm wondering if the hoses were loose in clamps and got pulled through the clamps resulting in the tight bends. If the tight bends can't be avoided you can get steel spring or flat steel strap type protectors that go over the hose that limit how tight the hose can be bent. There is more flexible hose available too. It's commonly used on things like forklifts where the hose wraps a round a hose reel as the carriage is raised and lowered.